Treats and Desserts - Chocolate Orange Mousse
Friday 9th February 2018
This rich and delicious chocolate mousse is made from just 3 ingredients, dark chocolate, freshly squeezed orange juice and eggs. A wonderful standby dessert, as it can be stored, chilled for up to 2 days. Children may prefer a mixture of half milk and half plain chocolate, but the result will not be as firm.
200g Plain chocolate, I like Bourneville.
Finely grated rind and juice 1 large orange
5 large eggs, separated
To Serve: Crème fraiche, optional and fresh orange slices
- Break the chocolate into squares and put them into a medium size mixing bowl. Add orange zest and juice. Suspend bowl over a pan of hot water, but do not allow bowl to touch the water.
- Melt chocolate, stirring frequently, set aside.
- Separate eggs, putting egg whites into a large clean mixing bowl and yolks into a small bowl.
- Beat yolks, into chocolate, one at a time, using a hand held electric mixer, until smooth.
- With clean whisks, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture using a metal tablespoon and a cutting action.
- Divide between 6 ramekins and chill for at least an hour before serving, topped with a dollop of crème fraiche if using, and some freshly prepared orange slices.
January 2019 BlogSunday 20th January 2019
December BlogThursday 20th December 2018
A few hints and Tips to allow you to get ahead and enjoy a Stress-Free Christmas DaySaturday 15th December 2018
November BlogFriday 9th November 2018
Great Hints and Tips for Super AgersWednesday 31st October 2018