Chicken Breasts with Parma Ham
Monday 5th February 2018
This easy chicken dish makes an impressive party dish. Serve with a mixed leaf salad, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice and some new potatoes.
6 Skinless chicken breast fillets
12 Slices Parma ham
8 Sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
75g Soft butter
1 Small red onion, finely chopped
Fry Light cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 210C, 190C Fan, Gas 6.
- Cut a pocket in the top of each chicken breast, using a sharp vegetable knife.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sun dried tomatoes with the butter, red onion and the parsley. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Divide the butter mixture evenly between the chicken pieces, pushing it into the pockets, but don’t worry if a little smears out on to the tops.
- Wrap 2 slices of Parma ham tightly round each breast, ensuring the pocket is well sealed.
- Place in a large roasting tin, lined with a non-stick liner.
- Spray all over with a little cooking oil.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Serve, slicing each breast into thick slices, if preferred, accompanied by the salad and steamed new potatoes.
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018