Fettuccine with Smoked ham and Cheese
Monday 5th February 2018
An easy main course to prepare and cook at the last minute. Just assemble everything before you start to cook.
5ml. Sunflower oil
1 Medium red onion, chopped
300ml. Double cream
10ml. Dijon Mustard
60ml. Dry white wine
175g Sliced smoked ham, fat removed
Small bunch freshly chopped parsley
To Serve: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling water with the oil, but uncovered for 6-7 minutes, or as directed on the pack.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the onion and sauté for about 7 minutes, until softened.
- Add the cream, mustard and wine to the onion. Whisk and heat to simmering point. Remove from heat and season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the ham and parsley.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Pour sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Divide between plates and serve immediately, offering Parmesan separately.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 6th December 2019
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018