Monday 5th February 2018
Salmon coated in a sticky marinade is one of the best ways to serve this King of fish. Serve with vegetables and new potatoes or with some crushed ripe avocado on toasted rye bread.
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Piece fresh root ginger about the size of your thumb, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
1 banana shallot, peeled and chopped
50ml sunflower oil
4fl oz. soy sauce
Juice 2 oranges, about 125ml
4 Tbsp. runny honey
½ Tbsp. sesame oil
For the Salmon
6 x 180g Salmon fillets
- Prepare the marinade. Put ginger, chilli, shallots, garlic and oil into a food processor and blitz to a chunky paste.
- In a small bowl, combine the soya sauce, orange juice, honey and sesame oil.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat, add the paste and cook for 10 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add the soya sauce mix to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. The sauce should be dark, slightly thick and sticky. This could be done a day in advance.
- Put salmon into a shallow dish and spoon a decent amount of marinade over each fillet. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, remove fish from the fridge. Pre-heat oven to 220C, 200 Fan, Gas 7
- Line a baking sheet with non- stick liner or baking parchment.
- Place salmon, skin side down on paper and cook in hot oven for about 10 -12 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Allow to cool slightly before serving with the vegetables.
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018