Easter Feasts - Starters - Butternut and Parsnip Soup
Wednesday 7th February 2018
This soup freezes well and should be re-heated once fully de-frosted, so allow 2 days in refrigerator from frozen, before you want to use it.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 large butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
2 parsnips, peeled, core removed, chopped
2 level teaspoons medium hot curry powder
1 litre vegetable stock
1x 400ml can coconut milk, well shaken
To serve: freshly chopped coriander
- Put oil and butter into a large pan and heat until foaming.
- Add onion, squash and celery and cook over medium heat for 10-12, stirring now and again, until softened.
- Add parsnips and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and continue to cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, cover pan with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Blend until smooth in a food processor or alternatively, blend using a hand held electric wand type blender.
- Add coconut milk and re-heat to simmering, stirring.
- Divide between soup bowls and serve immediately, sprinkled with the chopped coriander.