Easter Feasts - Starters - Guacamole
Wednesday 7th February 2018
Try to prepare this easy recipe no more than 20 minutes before you want to serve it. It discolours on storage.
2 medium size, ripe tomatoes
3 ripe avocados, I like Hass variety
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 fat clove garlic, crushed
Juice 1 lime
½ tsp chilli powder
A little salt
To serve: freshly prepared vegetable sticks
- Put tomatoes into a heat proof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for a few minutes.
- Drain, then peel tomatoes, scoop out seeds and discard.
- Roughly chop tomato flesh and put it into a food processor, fitted with the metal blade.
- Halve avocados, remove central stone. Push flesh out from each ½, using a teaspoon. Roughly chop flesh and put into the food processor.
- Process until avocados are finely chopped.
- Add onion, garlic, lime juice and chilli powder. Process until just blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Taste and add a little salt and some extra chilli powder, if needed.
- Cover and chill for a few minutes (up to 20) before serving with the veggie sticks.
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018