Easter Feasts - Desserts - Heart Shaped Pavlova
Friday 9th February 2018
Use egg whites at room temperature and a spanking clean bowl for a perfect meringue.
5 large egg whites
275g caster sugar
1 level teaspoon cornflour
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
For the topping
300ml double cream, whipped
250ml crème fraiche
350g blackberries or raspberries
2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- Draw a large heart, approx. 20cm onto a piece of baking parchment. Arrange upside-down on a greased baking sheet.
- Pre-heat oven to 160C, 140Fan, Gas 3.
- In a large, clean bowl, whisk egg whites, using an electric whisk until they stand in soft peaks.
- Add sugar, 1 dessertspoon at a time, continuing to whisk until stiff, glossy meringue results.
- In a cup, combine cornflour and vinegar and mix to a smooth paste.
- Fold into the meringue, using a metal spoon.
- Turn meringue onto paper and spread meringue out to fit the heart.
- Put the meringue into the oven, immediately turning temperature down to 140C, 120Fan, Gas 1 and cook for 1 ¼ hours, then turn oven off and if possible, leave meringue in the oven overnight.
- Transfer the pavlova to serving plate. In a large mixing bowl, combine whipped cream and crème fraiche. Fold in ½ the blackberries. Pile cream mixture onto centre of pavlova and carefully spread over the heart.
- Decorate with the remaining blackberries and sliced kiwi. Then serve.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018