Easter Feasts - Main Course - Baked Salmon with Dill
Friday 9th February 2018
This delicious whole salmon make a welcome change to lamb for Easter. Serve with wedges of lemon, crème fraiche sauce, a dressed salad and new potatoes.
1x 1.5g (approx.) whole Salmon
3 tablespoons dry white wine
3 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
1 bunch fresh dill
- Pre-heat oven to 140C, (120C Fan), Gas 1.
- Remove head and tail of Salmon, if preferred using a large chopping knife.
- Place whole Salmon in centre of a very large piece of buttered foil.
- Put remaining butter, bay leaves and the chopped dill stalks inside the body of the fish.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour wine over fish.
- Wrap foil over salmon to make a loose, but sealed package.
- Stand package in a large roasting tin.
- Bake for 2 hours 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside wrapped until just warm.
- Carefully unwrap and transfer salmon to a board. Remove skin.
- Arrange salmon on a large platter.
- Sprinkle the chopped dill over and serve with the sauce and wedges of lemon.
For the crème fraiche sauce
200ml crème fraiche
4 tablespoons mayonnaise, I like Hellmans
Juice ½ lemon
1 teaspoon tomato sauce
A little freshly ground pepper
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Turn into a serving dish and serve.