Easter Feasts - Main Meals - Slow cooked Shoulder Lamb with Red Wine and Aubergine
Friday 9th February 2018
This delicious slow cooked lamb dish is enhanced with onions, carrots, celery and honey. The aubergine soaks up some of the juices, as it cooks and the result is very tasty. A wonderful dish for Easter Sunday. Serve with jacket potatoes or rice and green beans.
2 red onions, sliced into wedges
2 carrots, sliced
2 sticks celery, sliced
1x 2Kg lean shoulder lamb
1 Tbsp. runny honey
Salt and pepper
Few sprigs Rosemary
300ml red wine
1 aubergine, chopped
- Line a large roasting tin with non-stick lining paper.
- Put the onions, carrot and celery into base of roasting tin.
- Heat oven to 160C, 140 Fan, Gas 3.
- Sit the lamb on top of the vegetables. Add the rosemary. Spread honey over surface of lamb and season well with salt and pepper. Pour in the wine and water.
- Cover the tin completely with a large piece of foil, tucking the foil in round the edges of the tin.
- Roast for 41/2 hours. Remove lamb from oven, remove foil. Baste lamb well, then add the aubergine and baste again. Recover with the foil and return to oven for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and return to oven for about 20 minutes until the lamb is the colour of mahogany and smells amazing.
- Serve the lamb, shredded apart with 2 forks, with the vegetables and juices from the pan.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018