Dinner for 2 - Vanilla Crème Brulee
Friday 9th February 2018
Makes: 2 Brulees
These creamy desserts can be made up to two days in advance. Once cold, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
250ml. double cream
½ vanilla pod
50g caster sugar
3 large egg yolks
3 Tsps. Demerara sugar
- Pre- heat oven to 140C, 120 Fan, Gas 1.
- Pour cream into a saucepan. Split the half vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape seeds into the cream. Chop remaining half pod and add to cream.
- Bring to boil, then simmer gently, on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl and using a hand held electric mixer, beat the caster sugar and egg yolks together until pale and creamy. Pour boiling cream onto egg yolks and continue to whisk on low speed until mixture thickens to consistency of light custard. Strain through a sieve into a jug.
- Divide this mixture between 2 large ramekins. Place ramekins into a roasting dish and pour hot water into the tin, being very careful not to splash any water onto the custards. The water needs to come half way up the ramekin dishes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until just set but still a little wobbly in the centre.
- Remove ramekins from water bath and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons Demerara sugar on top of each ramekin. Caramelise with a mini blow torch or under the grill, until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving, or serve from chilled.
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018