Treats and Desserts - Apple Tarts
Friday 9th February 2018
Makes: 7 tarts
These tangy apple tarts can be served warm or cold with cream or ice cream. They freeze well and can be re-heated from frozen in a moderate oven for approximately 20 minutes.
1 x 500g packet puff pastry, de-frosted, if frozen
1 large Bramley apple
2 eating apples, Cox’s if possible
2 tablespoons lemon juice
50g butter, melted
4 teaspoons Demerara sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To serve: Sifted icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 220C 200C Fan, Gas 7.
- On a highly floured surface, roll pastry out to a rectangle, approx. 38cmx32cm.
- Using a saucer as a guide cut out 5 circles. Re-roll pastry and cut out a further 2 circles.
- Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Put into a mixing bowl. Toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Divide apple evenly between pastry rounds, bringing it almost to edge of pastry.
- Brush each tart all over with a little of the melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon and demerara sugar and sprinkle evenly over the tarts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Cool slightly.
- Serve the tarts, dusted with icing sugar, accompanied by cream or ice cream.
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018