Starters - Cous- cous stuffed mushrooms
Friday 9th February 2018
These tasty baked mushrooms make a delicious easy starter. Also good served as canapes with pre dinner drinks, as long as you choose small mushrooms. Any of the left over cous- cous mixture can be served with a salad the following day.
12 medium size chestnut or button mushrooms or a mixture of both
Approx. 2 tbsp. olive oil
350ml chicken stock, boiling
2 spring onions, chopped. Optional
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
30g grated Cheddar cheese
10g grated Parmesan cheese
A little paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 190C, 170 Fan, Gas 5.
- Put the cous-cous into a medium size mixing bowl. Pour over the boiling stock. Cover bowl with a plate and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove mushroom stalks and chop.
- Brush the mushrooms all over with the olive oil, then place them on a baking sheet lined with non-stick liner, gill side up.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork.
- Stir the chopped mushroom stalks with the spring onions if using, and the parsley into the couscous.
- Stir in ¾ of the grated cheese.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cap with the cous-cous, pushing it in with your fingers.
- Divide remaining cheese over the top of each mushroom then sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018