Snacks and Starters - Bruschetta
Friday 9th February 2018
Serve as a starter with a salad garnish or on their own as pre-dinner nibbles. Tasty either way.
1 Small French baguette, cut into 12 slices
Virgin olive oil for brushing
1 Large clove garlic, peeled and halved
60ml. Pesto sauce, I like tomato and chilli
1 x 120g Goats cheese log, sliced into 6
100g Mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced into 6
50g Pitted olives, sliced
Basil leaves, torn
- Pre-heat oven to 210C, 190 Fan, Gas 6.
- Brush bread slices generously, on either side with the olive oil and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Rub each piece of toast on one side, with the garlic.
- Spread 8 of the bread slices with the pesto sauce and top with a slice of the mozzarella and some olives.
- Top remaining toasts with a slice of the goats’ cheese, topped with a slice of cherry tomato.
- Grill under pre-heated grill until cheese just starts to melt.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the basil leaves.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018