Snacks and Starters - Cheese and Tomato Swirls
Friday 9th February 2018
These delicious savoury pastries are wonderful served straight from the oven. They can be cooled and stored in an air tight tin for up to 3 days. To re-heat, pop in a hot oven 200C, 180C Fan, Gas 6 for 5 minutes.
1 x 500g block puff pastry, de-frosted, if frozen
4 rounded tbsp. tomato puree
3 tbsp. tomato ketchup
75g mature cheddar cheese
25g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- On a highly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a rectangle, about 35.5x40am (14”x16”)
- Combine the tomato puree and the ketchup together in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Using a pastry brush spread tomato mixture all over the pastry, top with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Starting from one long edge, roll pastry into the middle. Roll opposite long end into middle. Gently press rolls together.
- Cut into 15 slices. Turn each 'swirl' onto its side and flatten slightly. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Lift the swirls onto a baking sheet. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 200C, 180C Fan, Gas 6.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018