Snacks and Starters - Easy vegetable soup
Friday 9th February 2018
The bags of freshly prepared soup mix are readily available in the chill aisle of leading supermarkets.
1 x 720g bag of ready prepared fresh root vegetables, sweet potato, onion and herbs soup mix.
4 level teaspoons Swiss vegetable Bouillon powder
1 x 500g carton passata
1 teaspoon runny honey
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
To Serve: Bread
- Empty the pack of soup mix into a large saucepan.
- Add the Bouillon with the passata and honey.
- Add a seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Pour over 1 litre of boiling water.
- Bring to the boil. Cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Blitz with a hand held, electric stick blender or process in a food processor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Divide between the soup bowls and serve immediately sprinkled with the chopped parsley and accompanied by a chunk of wholemeal bread.