Baked Le Roustique Camembert
Friday 9th February 2018
This soft white cow’s milk cheese becomes deliciously creamy when baked in a medium hot oven. With the added flavours of Rosemary and garlic, serve as a tasty pre- dinner hot dip. Good served with a glass of chilled Chablis or Sauvignon Blanc.
1 le Rustique camembert, or ordinary camembert if you can’t find le Roustique.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 fat clove garlic, cut into slivers
6 sprigs fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
To Serve: chunky French bread, carrot, pepper and celery sticks, seedless red or black grapes
- Pre-heat oven to 210C, 190C Fan, Gas 6.
- Remove the camembert from its box and make 6-8 small slashes in the top of the cheese, with a sharp vegetable knife.
- Take out the gingham paper that is in the box and discard.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment of similar size to the gingham paper and use to line the box.
- Return the cheese to the box.
- Stud the “slashes” with a sliver of garlic and a sprig of Rosemary. Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake the cheese for 15 minutes. Serve immediately, surrounded by the veg sticks and bread.