Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Recipe for May Blog
This delicious Moroccan lamb dish is aromatic and very tasty. It can be served with the tabbouleh salad, boiled rice or Baked Sweet potatoes and a mixed salad. Very popular with young and old alike.
6 Tbsp. sunflower oil
2 red onions, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
2 sticks celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 green chilli, de-seeded and chopped
1 Tsp ground turmeric
1 Tbsp. ground smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. freshly grated root ginger
1kg. diced leg or lean shoulder of lamb
2 Tbsp. plain flour
Salt and pepper
200g dates, stoned and halved
100g ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
900ml. lamb stock
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
To Garnish: chopped coriander
- Pre-heat oven to 150C, 130 Fan, Gas 2.
- In a large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add onions, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic, chilli, turmeric, paprika and ginger. Stir well and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer contents of the pan to a large oven proof casserole.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Toss the meat, in the seasoned flour on a large plate.
- Add 1/3 of the lamb to the hot oil, and sear on all sides, until browned. Transfer to casserole. Continue until al the lamb has been seared.
- Add dates, apricots and lamb stock.
- Add cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, stirring. Cover with a lid and transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 21/2 hours until meat is meltingly tender.
- Serve, garnished with the coriander. Accompanied by the tabbouleh salad.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 6th December 2019
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018