Best ever chocolate brownies
Thursday 16th August 2018
Recipes for August blog
Best Ever Chocolate Brownies
Ripe raspberries, with their wonderful flavour, combine well with these yummy dark chocolate brownies. I like to combine fresh raspberries with a can of apricots in natural juice, to serve with the brownies, as this makes a memorable dessert. Serve with crème fraiche.
Brownies will keep in an airtight tin for up to 4 days.
The brownies will form a crisp crust, whilst maintaining a gooey centre. Don’t overcook them as you will lose the texture.
You will need 1x 20cm x 23cm fairly shallow brownie tin, greased and lined. I like Delilah Smiths.
!x 200g bar dark Bourneville plain chocolate, broken into squares
3 large eggs
230g golden caster sugar
85g plain flour
50g ground almonds
40g cocoa powder, I like Green and Blacks
2x 25.6g Cadbury flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, 160C Fan, Gas 4.
- In a large non-stick pan and stirring frequently, melt butter and chocolate, gently, until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl and using a hand held electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until light, creamy and thick. This will take about 7 minutes. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate, using a tablespoon.
- Fold in the sieved cocoa and flour. Fold in the ground almonds.
- Lastly fold in the crumbled flakes.
- Turn into the lined and greased tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. Insert a skewer into centre of cake, it should come out just a little moist. If the centre of cake still wobbles, pop it back for a further couple of minutes.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out onto a serving dish.
- Serve with the fruits and a dollop of crème fraiche.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 6th December 2019
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018