Mixed Fruit Crumble
Thursday 13th September 2018
Recipe for September Blog
Taken from Healthy Food in a Flash for Super Agers
Mixed Fruit Crumble
As personally I can’t see anyone wishing to make a crumble to serve 2 people, this recipe serves 4. The remaining crumble stores well in the fridge for up to 2 days or it could be frozen for up to 2 months.
450g Bramley cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
75g fresh raspberries
1 ripe peach or nectarine, chopped roughly
75g demerara sugar
For the Crumble topping
75g seed and grain bread flour
75g porridge oats
100g chilled salted butter, diced
75g golden caster sugar
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
To Serve: vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, 160C Fan, Gas 4.
- Meanwhile, put the prepared apples into a large mixing bowl and add 2 Tablespoons water. Cover loosely with cling film. Stand the bowl on a plate.
- Microwave on Full power for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the crumble topping.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and oats. Add cinnamon.
- Add the cubed butter to the bowl. Using finger tips, rub the butter into the flour and oats, until it resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively use the food processor.
- Stir in the sugar and set aside.
- Drain the apples and put into a dish about 1 litre capacity. Add raspberries and peach.
- Sprinkle the caster sugar over the fruit.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit to cover completely and fairly thickly.
- Bake towards top of oven for 35 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with ice cream or crème fraiche.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 6th December 2019
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018