From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nuts
Saturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers
Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nuts
This tasty coleslaw is pretty to look at and extremely filling.
Plenty of fibre and vitamins with some carbs. A good slaw for the autumn and winter months.
½ medium courgette, grated
75g carrot, grated
100g raw beetroot, grated, or 90g sweet and smoky shredded beetroot
½ eating apple, chopped without peeling
Grated rind and juice ½ lime
1 handful coriander or parsley sprigs, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. rape seed oil
1 Tsp. sesame oil
25g Feta cheese, crumbled, optional
25g Pecan nuts, toasted in a dry frying pan and chopped
- Place the courgettes, carrot and beetroot into a large bowl.
- Add spring onions and apple.
- Add olive oil and sesame oil with the coriander or parsley and a seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Using 2 large spoons, toss everything together until well combined.
- Pile into a serving dish and serve sprinkled with the feta cheese, if using and the pecan nuts.
Watch my tutorial video for this recipe on my YouTube channel - Beverley Loves Cooking.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018