From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork Burgers
Saturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers
Lime, Apple and Pork Burgers
These tasty burgers are full of flavour. Plenty of protein in the low fat pork mince with carbohydrate from the breadcrumbs. Fibre and carbs in the butternut squash.
In my opinion it is much nicer to serve the burgers on a circle of butternut squash than in a burger bun. Serve with the butternut squash, beetroot coleslaw and the savoury yoghurt sauce.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
250g 5% pork mince
25g fresh breadcrumbs
½ Tsp. mixed dried herbs
½ small dessert apple, peeled and grated
2 spring onions, chopped
2 Tsps. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1 small egg
½ butternut squash, sliced into discs
- Pre-heat over to 210C, 190C, Gas 6.
- Arrange the butternut squash discs on one baking sheet. Brush each slice with s little oil. Flip discs over and brush other side with oil.
- Roast for one hour, flipping each slice over, half way through..
- Meanwhile, In a large mixing bowl, put the pork mince, breadcrumbs, herbs, apple, spring onion and the Dijon mustard. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon. Add most of the egg and using your hands, mix thoroughly, then divide the mixture in two and shape into two burgers.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan until shimmering. Add burgers and fry on each side, until golden, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake in the oven, below the squash for 15 minutes.
- Serve the burgers with the beetroot coleslaw, the butternut squash and the savoury yoghurt sauce.
Watch my tutorial video for this recipe on my YouTube channel - Beverley Loves Cooking.
https://youtu.be/STo8BF5hQfM - Lime, Pork and Apple Burgers
https://youtu.be/iM1IMN3VXS4 - Butternut Squash
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018