From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt Sauce
Saturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers
Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt Sauce
These crispy chicken legs are marinated in a yoghurt dressing before roasting, then finished under a hot grill, for a charred effect. They have plenty of flavour and are delicious with the savoury yoghurt sauce.
Protein, some fat and a little carbohydrate.
Buy your chicken from an independent butcher, if possible for the best flavour.
3 Tbsp. natural Greek yoghurt
Grated rind and juice ½ lime
1 Tbsp. Rogan Josh curry paste
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped coriander
½ Tsp. truly lazy garlic
A little salt
2 free range chicken legs
To Serve: The Savoury Yoghurt Sauce, Sweet Potatoes cooked in their jackets, mixed salad.
- Put all ingredients except for the chicken legs into a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Blot the chicken legs dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Add them to the bowl.
- Stir gently to coat chicken with the marinade.
- Cover and chill for 20 mins. Pre-heat oven to 210C. 190C, Fan, gas 6.
- Lift chicken from the marinade and transfer to a roasting tin lined with non-stick lining paper.
- Discard any marinade.
- Roast chicken for 35 to 40 minutes, until juices run clear, when chicken is pierced with a sharp knife.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a grill rack and cook under pre-heated grill for about 3 minutes until lightly charred.
- Serve the chicken with roasted sweet potatoes, the salad and the yoghurt sauce.
Savoury yoghurt Sauce
This piquant sauce is great with lots of savoury dishes, particularly the Pork burgers and the crispy chicken legs.
2 rounded Tbsp. Greek natural yoghurt
2 Tbsp. 50% less fat crème fraiche
1 Tsp. tomato ketchup
1 tsp. lime or lemon juice
About 1 Tsp. fish sauce, or to taste
1 Tbsp. freshly chopped coriander or parsley, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir well.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve chilled.
Watch my tutorial video for this recipe on my YouTube Channel - Beverley Loves Cooking.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018