CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar Crisps
Thursday 6th December 2018
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS
Stilton and Cheddar Crisps
Try serving these tangy cheese biscuits with a pre-dinner drink at Christmas time. I promise they will go down a storm.
Quick to make, you could use Parmesan cheese as a change from the Stilton and Cheddar. Both work well with the rosemary.
100g freshly grated mature Cheddar cheese
100g grated Stilton cheese
200g Plain flour
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
1 level Tsp. dry mustard powder
You will need 2 large baking sheets, lightly greased plus a 4cm cookie cutter
- Heat oven to 220C, 200C Fan, Gas 7.
- In a food processor put both types of cheese, the butter, cubed, the flour and the rosemary leaves. Add mustard and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Blitz together to form a dough. Do not add any liquid of any sort or the biscuits won’t work!
- Roll dough out onto a floured board to the thickness a little deeper than £1.00 coin.
- Cut out 4cm. rounds, using a floured cutter.
- Re-roll any excess dough.
- Arrange biscuits on the baking trays. They can be fairly close, but not touching.
- Bake for about 14 minutes, until golden and smelling amazing.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes, before cooling on a wire rack.
- Store, once cold in an airtight tin for up to a week, or freeze in a sealed plastic box for up to 2 months.
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 14th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018