Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rolls
Friday 14th December 2018
Extra special Sausage rolls
These sausage rolls are really easy to make and bake. They freeze well for up to 2 months and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
1 Tsp. sunflower oil
1 small red onion, chopped
450g good quality pork sausage meat
3 Tbsps. chopped parsley
½ Tsp. truly lazy garlic, from a jar
Salt and pepper
1x 320g pack all- butter puff pastry sheet
2 Tbsps. Dijon mustard
1 medium egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and gently sauté the onion for about 6 minutes, until softened. Empty into a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add the sausage meat, parsley, garlic and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Unroll pastry sheet onto a floured surface and brush all over with the mustard. Dampen pastry edges with a little cold water.
- Shape the sausage meat into a roll, lengthways down the middle of the pastry, but slightly to one side.
- Fold one side of the pastry over the meat and press edges of pastry together, to seal. Crimp with a fork or knock up edges with back of a table knife. Crimp the edges.
- Slice into 6 even sausage rolls.
- Arrange on a baking sheet. Chill for 10 minutes or so.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C, 180C fan, Gas 6.
- Brush sausages all over with beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Lime, Apple and Pork BurgersSaturday 17th November 2018
From Super food for Super Agers - Crispy Chicken Legs with Savoury Yoghurt SauceSaturday 17th November 2018
Two Cheese and Chive Wholemeal SconesSaturday 13th October 2018