Mushroom and prawn stir fry
Sunday 19th April 2020
Mushroom and Prawn Stir Fry
4Tbsps. olive oil
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 red onion, thinly sliced
100g button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
2 Tbsps. shredded white cabbage, optional
1 smallish aubergine, washed and chopped or sliced
1 Tsp. Very Lazy chopped Ginger, from a jar
1 Tsp. Very Lazy chopped Garlic, from a jar
½ Tsp. Lazy chopped Red Chillies, from a jar
Juice 1 small orange
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
5 Tbsps. chicken stock, made with boiling water and 1 chicken Oxo cube, crumbled
170g cooked, peeled king prawns
2 pineapple rings, from a can, drained and chopped
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan, or wok.
- Add onion, celery and carrot. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, if using, aubergine, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry, over high heat, for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic with all remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring. Don’t boil the prawns or they will toughen. They only need to be warmed through.
- Taste and season with a little salt, if necessary.
- Serve with rice.
Pot Roast Turkey Drumstick with Red Pepper and Brussel SproutsSunday 6th December 2020
Cocktails and MocktailsSunday 6th December 2020
Strawberry DippersSunday 6th December 2020
Boxing Day Dish. Ricotta, Red Pepper and Parmesan TartSunday 6th December 2020
Butternut Squash with Feta, and ParsleySunday 6th December 2020