Mushroom and prawn stir fry
Sunday 19th April 2020
Mushroom and Prawn Stir Fry
4Tbsps. olive oil
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 red onion, thinly sliced
100g button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
2 Tbsps. shredded white cabbage, optional
1 smallish aubergine, washed and chopped or sliced
1 Tsp. Very Lazy chopped Ginger, from a jar
1 Tsp. Very Lazy chopped Garlic, from a jar
½ Tsp. Lazy chopped Red Chillies, from a jar
Juice 1 small orange
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
5 Tbsps. chicken stock, made with boiling water and 1 chicken Oxo cube, crumbled
170g cooked, peeled king prawns
2 pineapple rings, from a can, drained and chopped
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan, or wok.
- Add onion, celery and carrot. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, if using, aubergine, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry, over high heat, for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic with all remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring. Don’t boil the prawns or they will toughen. They only need to be warmed through.
- Taste and season with a little salt, if necessary.
- Serve with rice.
For Perfect White Basmati Rice, every time!Sunday 19th April 2020
Strawberry SyllabubSunday 19th April 2020
Christmas Recipe - Extra special Sausage rollsFriday 6th December 2019
CHRISTMAS SAVOURY BISCUITS - Stilton and Cheddar CrispsThursday 6th December 2018
From Super foods For Super Agers - Beetroot and Carrot coleslaw with Apple and Pecan nutsSaturday 17th November 2018