Sunday 6th December 2020
High in fibre and vitamin C, strawberries are popular with everyone, even though, at Christmas time, we have to make do with imported ones. Serve my delicious chocolate strawberries with coffee, after a dinner party. Also good at morning coffee time, instead of cake or biscuits.
450g fresh strawberries, wiped clean, stalks in tact
100g finest quality white chocolate, I like Lindt Excellence
100g finest quality dark chocolate, I like Green and Blacks or Bourneville dark
- Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with non-stick baking parchment or non-stick baking liners.
- Break both types of chocolate into squares and put the white chocolate into 1 medium heat proof mixing bowl and the dark chocolate into a second mixing bowl.
- Suspend both bowls over pans of gently simmering water, ensuring base of the bowls do not touch the water.
- Melt both types of chocolate, stirring frequently until liquid and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip half the strawberries in the white chocolate and half in the dark, to coat half of each fruit.
- Carefully place each chocolate strawberry, uncoated side down, onto the baking sheets.
- Leave in a cool place for about 20 minutes, until chocolate sets.
- Using a table knife, lift strawberries onto a large serving plate and serve, preferably within 2 hours.
Pot Roast Turkey Drumstick with Red Pepper and Brussel SproutsSunday 6th December 2020
Cocktails and MocktailsSunday 6th December 2020
Boxing Day Dish. Ricotta, Red Pepper and Parmesan TartSunday 6th December 2020
Butternut Squash with Feta, and ParsleySunday 6th December 2020
Stuffed field mushroomsSaturday 26th September 2020