Boxing Day Dish. Ricotta, Red Pepper and Parmesan Tart
Sunday 6th December 2020
Boxing Day Dish
Ricotta, Red Pepper and Parmesan Tart
Ensure you remove the pastry from the fridge about 10 minutes before you want to use it.
Everyone loves this pretty tart. Serve with homemade coleslaw, coleslaw, boiled new potatoes and a leaf salad to which you have added some chunks of watermelon and sliced cucumber.
1x375g ready rolled sheet puff pastry, de-frosted, if frozen
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 medium size red onions, peeled and sliced OR
1x180g. packet freshly sliced red onion
1 Tsp. dried mixed herbs
1 large red pepper, sliced
1 large yellow pepper, sliced
Salt and pepper
240g ricotta cheese
1 medium size egg
70g Parmesan cheese, grated
70g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
3 medium size ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200C Fan, Gas 7 .Arrange pastry, on paper provided in the box, on a large baking sheet.
- Using a small sharp knife, score a border around edge of pastry, but do not cut right through. Prick centre all over with a fork. Set aside.
- Prepare the topping. Heat oil in a medium size frying pan. Add onions and peppers and cook, over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Stir in herbs, tomatoes and a seasoning of salt and pepper. Set aside to cool. (This can be done 2 days in advance and stored, covered in the fridge.)
- Beat egg in a small bowl, then use a little of it to brush round edge of tart.
- Turn ricotta cheese into a mixing bowl and beat in remaining egg. Spread Ricotta evenly over base of flan. Top with vegetables, spreading them over evenly.
- Combine Parmesan and cheddar on a plate, then sprinkle evenly over tart.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer to platter and serve in large slices.
Pot Roast Turkey Drumstick with Red Pepper and Brussel SproutsSunday 6th December 2020
Cocktails and MocktailsSunday 6th December 2020
Strawberry DippersSunday 6th December 2020
Butternut Squash with Feta, and ParsleySunday 6th December 2020
Stuffed field mushroomsSaturday 26th September 2020